A. INFORMATION COLLECTED
(1) Personally Identifiable Information; and
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information, such as your IP address or cookies.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information ”Personally Identifiable Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or company name. Illumitex collects and stores the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personally identifiable information on the Site:
• We may collect your e-mail address and any other personally identifiable information that you provide to us in an e-mail if you contact us with a question;
• We may collect your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and any other personally identifiable information that you provide to us if you contact us to apply for employment;
• We may collect your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, company name, and any other personally identifiable information that you provide to us if you contact us regarding product information, sales inquiries, supplier inquires, distributor inquires, or customer support / service inquires. The above list provides an example of the personally identifiable information that may be collected on the Site. If you do not want Illumitex to collect your personally identifiable information, please do not provide it to us.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age or gender. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally.
B. USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA THE SITE
(1) Personally Identifiable Information We use your personally identifiable information that is collected on this Site primarily for the following purposes:
• To deliver services, such as information or products, you request or purchase;
• To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
• To ensure the Site is relevant to your needs;
• To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
• To contact you in response to general e-mail inquires and specific inquires regarding employment, sales, suppliers, distributors, and support and service requests.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information Non-personally identifiable information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information.
C. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
(1) Personally Identifiable Information We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
•To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you e-mail us a question, we may use your e-mail address to process your request and respond to your question;
• To sales representatives, suppliers, and distributors. For example, if you e-mail us with a question regarding our services or the purchase of our products, or related to the supply or distribution of our products, we may use your information to process your request and share your information with our suppliers and distributors so that they can contact you directly;
• To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personally identifiable information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
• To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Site and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, and sending customer communications on Illumitex’s behalf). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personally identifiable information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Site will have access to users’ personally identifiable information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to us;
• To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of Illumitex or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users;
• To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets; and
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information We use non-personally identifiable information collected on the Sites in the manner disclosed above, in Section B. We may share this non-personal information with third parties.
D. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the Site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the Site, we will delete the information from our records.
E. THIRD PARTY WEB SITES This statement applies solely to information collected on the Site. The Site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites.
F. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
If you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information, Illumitex may transfer that information to its affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions and by providing your personally identifiable information you consent to:
• the transfer of your personally identifiable information to the United States as indicated above.
G. ASSIGNMENT In the event that all or part of our assets or sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information collected via the Site.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you submit to the Site is done at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on the systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this Site or providing personally identifiable information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this Site. We may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an e-mail to you at the e-mail address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
J. CONTACTING US